“When I was fifteen,” he tells me, “I saw this film, a French Criterion piece. And one character in this movie, whenever he pulled out his cigarettes, he kind of threw one in the air and caught it on his lip, like a magnet.” He juggles his Blacks in his hands. “I’ve tried to do it ever since.” And, like a magic trick, he flips a cigarette in the air and catches it on his lip, as though his lip were magnetized.
Tag Archives: smoking
Tagsacademic suspension Alaska atheism based on a true story bigotry Christianity college coming out deciduous teeth deviantart dld employment faces finals week French films greta christina homophobia job hunting marriage equality medical assistance Minnesota nanowrimo new years oral health parents pulling teeth rebellion resolutions sexuality skepticism smoking suspension university update writing
- RT @elonjames: World Premiere! The #10FriskRemix Feat. @Jasiri_X @WillieEv & EVERBODY - Check it out here: twib.me/remixfrisk #StopAndF… | posted 18 hours ago
- RT @CitizenRadio: Jamie: language pioneer, Chicago Board of Ed considers closing 54 schools wearecitizenradio.com/2013/05/21/201… #CitizenRadio #CPSclosin… | posted 20 hours ago
- I remember seeing an "Impeach Obama" bumper sticker on a Smart Car. I thought it was very weird. | posted 1 day ago
- RT @harikondabolu: #WhenISeeAObamaBumperSticker is trending despite the grammatical error in it. HEY CONSERVATIVES: LEARN THE LANGUAGE! | posted 1 day ago
- RT @CitizenRadio: Women in secularism, fast food workers unite, Koch brothers dump toxic byproduct on Detroit wearecitizenradio.com/2013/05/20/201… #Citiz… | posted 1 day ago