“When I was fifteen,” he tells me, “I saw this film, a French Criterion piece. And one character in this movie, whenever he pulled out his cigarettes, he kind of threw one in the air and caught it on his lip, like a magnet.” He juggles his Blacks in his hands. “I’ve tried to do it ever since.” And, like a magic trick, he flips a cigarette in the air and catches it on his lip, as though his lip were magnetized.
Wednesday, 3 August 2011
Of course he learned it from the French.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 3rd, 2011 at 16:42 and tagged with French films, smoking and posted in fiction, short pieces. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- academic suspension Alaska atheism based on a true story bigotry Christianity college coming out deciduous teeth deviantart dld employment faces finals week French films greta christina homophobia job hunting marriage equality medical assistance Minnesota nanowrimo new years oral health parents pulling teeth rebellion resolutions sexuality skepticism smoking suspension university update writing
- 📷 awholevarietyofstuff: ruinedchildhood: Scoob and the gang have an existential crisis. This is some... tmblr.co/ZNRwxx2Z4C_r2 | posted 9 hours ago
- 📷 youthincare: [ image is screenshot of facebook post by Mia Frances Yamamoto that says, “If you get... tmblr.co/ZNRwxx2Z4C8_t | posted 10 hours ago
- RT @tmorello: Ok people of good conscience & disgruntled vets I’m thinking of putting together a Children’s Liberation Army to take on ICE.… | posted 1 day ago
- just-shower-thoughts: To someone somewhere, you’re living their dream life, but to someone else you’re a... tmblr.co/ZNRwxx2Z20mXB | posted 1 day ago
- @quintabrunson Fucking MOOD | posted 2 days ago