“When I was fifteen,” he tells me, “I saw this film, a French Criterion piece. And one character in this movie, whenever he pulled out his cigarettes, he kind of threw one in the air and caught it on his lip, like a magnet.” He juggles his Blacks in his hands. “I’ve tried to do it ever since.” And, like a magic trick, he flips a cigarette in the air and catches it on his lip, as though his lip were magnetized.
Tag Archives: French films
- academic suspension Alaska atheism based on a true story bigotry Christianity college coming out deciduous teeth deviantart dld employment faces finals week French films greta christina homophobia job hunting marriage equality medical assistance Minnesota nanowrimo new years oral health parents pulling teeth rebellion resolutions sexuality skepticism smoking suspension university update writing
- RT @katystoll: MONTANA: It is Special Election day, so please grab everyone you know and VOTE (for Quist)!! I know it is inconvenient, but… | posted 3 days ago
- RT @WatchYourRepsMN: The immigrant rights sit-in at the governor's office needs ppl to take shifts so others can take a break. Head on over… | posted 3 days ago
- RT @AynRandy: CENTRISTS: it's great when billionaires give away their money ME: cool let's make it structurally enforced CENTRISTS: whoa wh… | posted 3 days ago
- RT @RepJenSchultz: This is what Democracy looks like! This is Labor & people of MN giving #mnleg & @GovMarkDayton courage. TY. https://t.co… | posted 4 days ago
- RT @ShahakShapira: I PHOTOSHOPPED SARUMAN INTO TRUMP'S ORB PICTURE AND IT'S NOT EVEN WEIRD https://t.co/cVJFGP5NPG | posted 5 days ago